1/6 Photos of Greek-Style Stuffed Bell Peppers (Light)
1 hr 10 mins
From Ellie Krieger. Used fresh spinach that I chopped instead of frozen spinach.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 medium zucchini, coarsely grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 small onion, minced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 red bell peppers, halved lengthwise, cores and ribs removed
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans low-sodium stewed tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl combine the beef, spinach, zucchini, onion, bulghur, egg, oregano, salt and a few grinds of pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- 3Arrange the pepper halves cut side up in a 9 by 13-inch baking dish and fill each pepper half with the meat mixture. Pour the tomatoes over the peppers and sprinkle with the feta cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- 4Uncover and bake until the meat mixture is completely cooked and the peppers are tender, about 25 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek-Style Stuffed Bell Peppers (Light)
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.7
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 91.8 mg
- Sodium 390.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 21.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium stewed tomatoes