Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Delicious sandwiches; steak with Greek seasoning and veggies on Pita bread.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 2 teaspoons all purpose Greek seasoning or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 pita breads, sliced in half crosswise
- 1⁄2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup red wine and vinegar salad dressing
- 1 cup plain yogurt, stirred
- Rub flank steak on both sides with Greek seasoning. Wrap steak in foil; let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Spray grill with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Remove steak from foil. Grill 15 to 20 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Let meat stand on cutting board for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, warm pitas on grill, turning with tongs. Slice steak into narrow strips; divide meat equally among pitas.
- Garnish with onion, cucumber, chopped tomato and feta cheese. Drizzle with 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinaigrette. Top with 1 to 2 tablespoons yogurt.