Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I have made this many times to serve to guests in the summer season, it is delicious! You can adjust all amounts to taste and double the recipe to serve more than six. Plan ahead the tortellini needs to chill in the dressing for a minumum of 4 hours or up to 24 hours. Don't be tempted to use more than 1 teaspoon (or less) of fresh garlic, or the garlic flavor will overpower the salad, you can use garlic powder in place of fresh, if you are not a garlic-lover then omit completely, this dressing is good even without the garlic! If you want to serve more dressing on the side, then prepare two separate dressings and use one to marinate the tortellini in and one to serve on the side.
Top Review by cmarratt
I made this salad for Thanksgiving this year. It was a bigger hit than I thought it would be with the averse to eating green crowd that my family is. The addition that I made because I like Greek food and I just don't think it is complete without kalamata olives. I was surprised by the quantity that this makes. I was thankful for the suggestion of serving on a platter because it was much more pleasing to see that ingredients on full display. Thank you to the chef!
- 1 (20 ounce) packagefresh cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 lb baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- cherry tomatoes (can cut in half if desired)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic (no more than 1 teaspoon!) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the tortellini in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender (about 4-5 minutes) drain and rinse under cold water; place in a large glass bowl.
- In a bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, parsley, oregano, garlic, salt and Parmesan cheese (add in a small amount of sugar if desired and season with black pepper to taste).
- Pour the dressing over the tortellini; toss to combine; cover and chill for 4-24 hours.
- To prepare the salad; add in spinach leaves, feta cheese, onions slices and cherry tomatoes; toss gently to combine with the tortellini/dressing mixture.
- Season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Mound on a large serving platter or plate, and arrange the egg quarters around the edge.