Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A family favorite, you may adjust all amounts to taste, I also add crushed red chili flakes to the ground beef mixture for heat.
Top Review by browniepie
This was really wonderful. A great meal! I ommitted the red wine and added a couple of splashes of red wine vinegar instead. We thought it was delicious and I'll definitely make this again. thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes (undrained)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 7 ounces spaghetti (cooked and drained)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- In a skillet saute the ground beef, onion, garlic and oregano.
- Add in the wine, water, cinnamon, salt and pepper and the tomatoes with juice; bring to a boil simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until thick.
- In a medium pan,combine the flour, half and half cream 1/2 tsp allspice; bring to a boil, reduce the heat and cook for 5 minutes stirring constantly until thick; remove from heat.
- Stir in mozzarella cheese, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and egg; mix well until cheese has melted.
- In the bottom of the greased casserole dish, sprinkle 2 tablespoons bread crumbs.
- Then evenly spread in about 2 cups cooked spaghetti.
- Top with 2 cups of cooked ground beef mixture, then 1 cup of cream sauce.
- Repeat the layers.
- In a small bowl, combine the 1/2 cup bread crumbs with 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.