1/1 Photo of Greek-Style Spaghetti
bluemoon downunder's Note:
A wholesome and scrumptious Greek-style Spaghetti packed full of Mediterranean vegetables stir-fried until just tender, then flavoured with a blend of honey and balsamic vinegar. The vegetables are then tossed with the pasta and topped with crumbled feta cheese. Delicious. A dish just made to be eaten with a bottle of your favourite wine. I am posting this recipe, from one adapted from an International Masters '1001 recipes for pan or wok' recipe card, for the 2005 Zaar World Tour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 baby eggplants
- 1 small red capsicum
- 1 small yellow capsicum
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 225 g dried whole wheat spaghetti
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons clear honey
- 100 g feta cheese
- baby spinach leaves, to garnish
- 1Trim the eggplants and cut into small, equal-sized pieces; deseed and chop the capsicums; peel, trim and chop the onion; peel and chop the garlic. Put the onion and garlic in a bowl and toss in the lemon juice.
- 2Cook the pasta in a pan or wok of lightly salted boiling water according to the packet instructions. Drain well and return to the pan or wok and toss in 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 3Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a separate pan or wok, and cook all the vegetables over a medium heat for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally until they are just tender. Stir in the balsamic vinegar and the honey.
- 4Add the pasta to the vegetables and toss gently until they are well-combined. Crumble the feta cheese over the dish, season with pepper and garnish with baby spinach leaves or your favourite herb and serve immediately.
- 5Variation: For a milder taste, perhaps for children, use mozzarella cheese instead of feta.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek-Style Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (793 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 562.9
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 22.2 mg
- Sodium 302.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.3 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 18.9 g