This mediterranean-inspired main dish is brimming with a medley of tastes; savory lemon, pungent oregano and tender artichokes. The recipe comes from Weight Watchers. Points per 1 2/3 cup is 4 points.
- cooking spray
- 1 lb uncooked ground turkey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground sage
- 8 small uncooked new potatoes, scrubbed,unpeeled
- 9 ounces frozen artichokes, hearts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup canned chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Coat 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Season turkey with salt and sage; shape into 1 inch balls, add to skillet and brown on all sides, about 3 to 5 minutes; remove and place in 4 to 5 quart slow cooker.
- Add potatoes, frozen artichokes hearts, oregano, pepper and broth; cover and cook on high heat 5 to 6 hours.
- (note when layering the ingredients in your slow cooker, arrange the artichoke hearts near the top so they do not overcook. It isn't necessary to thaw the artichokes first).
- About 15 minutes before serving; spoon cornstarch into a cup, add 1 tablespoon of the slow cooker liquid and lemon juice; stir well.
- Stir into slow cooker, cover and cook on low heat for 15 minutes more.