1/1 Photo of Greek-Style Slow cooker Sausage and Artichokes
6 hrs 20 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
This mediterranean-inspired main dish is brimming with a medley of tastes; savory lemon, pungent oregano and tender artichokes. The recipe comes from Weight Watchers. Points per 1 2/3 cup is 4 points.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 1 lb uncooked ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 8 small uncooked new potatoes, scrubbed,unpeeled
- 9 ounces frozen artichokes, hearts
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup canned chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Coat 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- 2Season turkey with salt and sage; shape into 1 inch balls, add to skillet and brown on all sides, about 3 to 5 minutes; remove and place in 4 to 5 quart slow cooker.
- 3Add potatoes, frozen artichokes hearts, oregano, pepper and broth; cover and cook on high heat 5 to 6 hours.
- 4(note when layering the ingredients in your slow cooker, arrange the artichoke hearts near the top so they do not overcook. It isn't necessary to thaw the artichokes first).
- 5About 15 minutes before serving; spoon cornstarch into a cup, add 1 tablespoon of the slow cooker liquid and lemon juice; stir well.
- 6Stir into slow cooker, cover and cook on low heat for 15 minutes more.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek-Style Slow cooker Sausage and Artichokes
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.6
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 60.2 mg
- Sodium 580.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 21.0 g