Prep 8 mins
Cook 25 mins
An easy Greek-Style dinner.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups penne pasta (uncooked)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
- In large skillet, brown beef with onion over medium-high heat.
- Drain fat.
- Add broth; bring to boil.
- Stir in pasta.
- Return to boil and simmer, covered, 8 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Return to boil.
- Stir in 1/2 cut feta cheese.
- Simmer, uncovered, 7-10 min.
- until sauce thickens slightly.
- Sprinkle with remaining feta cheese.
Love the ease of one-pot meals, and this was no exception. I reduced the amount of cinnamon to 1/4 teaspoon, but otherwise made as listed. The feta cheese adds just the right flavor and creaminess to this dish.
Loved that it used ingredients usually found in my home. (my DH is a feta cheese nut) Made exactly as directed. Next time I will use maybe just 1/4 tsp of cinnamon, increase the feta to 1 cup and add some more spice (salt, more garlic). My family really likes garlic.
Fantastic! I'm adding this to my regular line-up of quick, easy and delicious dinners! I followed the recipe exactly other than substituting ground turkey for the beef. Next time I'll use more feta, but that's because we love feta!