1/1 Photo of Greek-Style Shrimp With Tomatoes and Feta-America's Test Kitchen
Lori Mama's Note:
I love America's Test Kitchen and this is one of their TV show recipes, with modifications. I served this dish with fresh, crusty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails off
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons ouzo (optional)
- 5 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated zest of1 lemon
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 small onion, diced medium
- 1 medium green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained, 1/3 cup juices reserved
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill leaves
- 1Toss shrimp, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon optional ouzo, 1 teaspoon garlic, lemon zest, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper in small bowl until well combined. Set aside while preparing sauce.
- 2Heat 2 tablespoons oil in 12-inch skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion, green bell pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt and stir to combine. Cover skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables release their moisture, 3 to 5 minutes. Uncover and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until moisture cooks off and vegetables have softened, about 5 minutes longer. Add remaining 4 teaspoons garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and reserved juice, wine, and remaining 2 tablespoons ouzo (if using) increase heat to medium-high and bring to simmer. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until flavors have melded and sauce is slightly thickened (sauce should not be completely dry), 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-low and add shrimp along with any accumulated liquid to pan; stir to coat and distribute evenly. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are opaque throughout, 6 to 9 minutes for extra-large or 7 to 11 minutes for jumbo, adjusting heat as needed to maintain bare simmer. Remove pan from heat and sprinkle evenly with feta. Drizzle remaining tablespoon oil evenly over top and sprinkle with dill.
- 4Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek-Style Shrimp With Tomatoes and Feta-America's Test Kitchen
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 772.3
- Calories from Fat 445
- Total Fat 49.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 366.1 mg
- Sodium 2320.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 48.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: