Recipe by threeovens
A fast and easy, yet flavorful, dish. Although it calls for rigatoni, use any past you like, such as penne, spirals, or ziti.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic briefly, while stirring. Add tomatoes and cook about 1 minute. Add wine, salt and pepper. Add basil and oregano. Cook over moderate heat about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and devein shrimp, leaving the tail on. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. In another skillet, heat the remaining 3 tablespoons oil. Cook shrimp about 1 minute, until shrimp turn pink, stirring to ensure even cooking. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the shrimp (and any juices) in a baking dish. Sprinkle with feta cheese and spoon tomato sauce over top. Bake 10 minutes, until hot.
- Meanwhile, cook rigatoni according to package directions. Drain.
- Serve shrimp spooned over rigatoni.