1 hr 5 mins
This is a great dish that substitutes spaghetti squash for carb-laden pasta!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb watercress
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup crumbles feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1Prick spaghetti squash with a fork and place in a large kettle.
- 2Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 45 minutes.
- 4Drain and slice the squash in half.
- 5Remove the seeds and cool.
- 6Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and saute crushed garlic cloves.
- 7Add peeled, cleaned shrimp, lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- 8Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 9Add watercress, chopped tomatoes, crumbled feta cheese, and pine nuts.
- 10Stir until well heated, about 2 minutes.
- 11Scrape the squash lengthwise to separate the strands.
- 12Pour the shrimp mixture over the squash to serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek-style Shrimp and Spaghetti Squash
Serving Size: 1 (467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 568.3
- Calories from Fat 331
- Total Fat 36.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 292.5 mg
- Sodium 860.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 45.0 g