Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great dish that substitutes spaghetti squash for carb-laden pasta!
Make and share this Greek-style Shrimp and Spaghetti Squash recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb watercress
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup crumbles feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- Prick spaghetti squash with a fork and place in a large kettle.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Drain and slice the squash in half.
- Remove the seeds and cool.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and saute crushed garlic cloves.
- Add peeled, cleaned shrimp, lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add watercress, chopped tomatoes, crumbled feta cheese, and pine nuts.
- Stir until well heated, about 2 minutes.
- Scrape the squash lengthwise to separate the strands.
- Pour the shrimp mixture over the squash to serve.