Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
'If you can't find fresh sea scallops, use peeled large shrimp, leaving the tails on. Rice pilaf or orzo would be a good accompaniment.' Taken from professional-cooking.com for ZWT. **I soak my bamboo skewers in a pitcher!
- 29.58 ml olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 2 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 22.18 ml chopped fresh oregano (or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano)
- 12 large sea scallops
- 1 large lemon, halved lengthwise, each half cut crosswise into 6 slices
- 8 bay leaves
- 4 bamboo skewers (8-to 10-inch, soaked in water 30 minutes)
- Whisk 2 tablespoons olive oil, pressed garlic cloves and oregano in medium bowl to blend; season with salt and pepper.
- Add sea scallops and toss to coat with oil mixture.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler.
- Alternate 3 scallops, 3 lemon slices and 2 bay leaves on each skewer.
- Grill or broil brochettes until scallops are golden brown and just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to plates and serve.
This is such a unique treatment for scallops! I loved it!! So easy to make, and just delicious! Just before grilling, I threw the bay leaf into the oil marinade, just to soften them up. They added a wonderful flavor. I just wish I'd made more! Thanks for sharing.....made for Holiday Tag.
This recipe is a real treat. I used frozene medium sized sea scallops. I prepared the scallops and skewered them in the early afternoon and let them sit in the fridge until dinner time then grilled them on my griddler only took 7 minutes. We really enjoyed our dinner
Ohhh, yum! I LOVE lemon and also scallops. I made the prawns as well. So simple, yet sooo delicious. Thanks for the recipe.