1/4 Photos of Greek Style Sea Scallops Brochettes
'If you can't find fresh sea scallops, use peeled large shrimp, leaving the tails on. Rice pilaf or orzo would be a good accompaniment.' Taken from professional-cooking.com for ZWT. **I soak my bamboo skewers in a pitcher!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 2 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 22.18 ml chopped fresh oregano (or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano)
- 12 large sea scallops
- 1 large lemon, halved lengthwise, each half cut crosswise into 6 slices
- 8 bay leaves
- 4 bamboo skewers (8-to 10-inch, soaked in water 30 minutes)
- 1Whisk 2 tablespoons olive oil, pressed garlic cloves and oregano in medium bowl to blend; season with salt and pepper.
- 2Add sea scallops and toss to coat with oil mixture.
- 3Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler.
- 4Alternate 3 scallops, 3 lemon slices and 2 bay leaves on each skewer.
- 5Grill or broil brochettes until scallops are golden brown and just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- 6Transfer to plates and serve.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Style Sea Scallops Brochettes
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.8
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 10.8 mg
- Sodium 177.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 5.8 g