'If you can't find fresh sea scallops, use peeled large shrimp, leaving the tails on. Rice pilaf or orzo would be a good accompaniment.' Taken from professional-cooking.com for ZWT. **I soak my bamboo skewers in a pitcher!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 2 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano (or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano)
- 12 large sea scallops
- 1 large lemon, halved lengthwise, each half cut crosswise into 6 slices
- 8 bay leaves
- 4 bamboo skewers (8-to 10-inch, soaked in water 30 minutes)
- Whisk 2 tablespoons olive oil, pressed garlic cloves and oregano in medium bowl to blend; season with salt and pepper.
- Add sea scallops and toss to coat with oil mixture.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler.
- Alternate 3 scallops, 3 lemon slices and 2 bay leaves on each skewer.
- Grill or broil brochettes until scallops are golden brown and just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to plates and serve.