Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made this one up because I have a family of breakfast lovers, and we had gotten tired of the same ol' stuff. This scramble can easily be made into an omelette, if desired. A slice of whole wheat pita bread goes well with the finished product!
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive
- 2 roma tomatoes (diced)
- 2 whole wheat pita bread (halved)
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Add spinacha nd chopped green onions. Sautee until spinach is willted and onions are tender.
- Whisk together the eggs and egg whites and pour over spinach and onions.
- Sprinkle feta cheese and olives on top of mixture. Using a spatula, move mixture around in the pan until eggs are cooked.
- Dish out onto plates and sprinkle tomatoes on top, if desired. Serve with a slice of whole wheat pita bread.