Recipe by Gingerbear
This recipe came from Cooking Light and it is supposedly voted one of their 10 best recipes of all time. Serve with Orzo.
Top Review by Vino Girl
Even though this contains several of my favorite ingredients (shrimp! feta! tomatoes! garlic!) and it is a Cooking Light recipe, which are always good, I was still surprised at just how wonderful this was. Instead of the orzo, I made french bread to go with this. The only thing I did differently was add in a splash of Sauvignon Blanc before baking (which incidentally is a perfect wine pairing for this dish!). Thank you!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, drained and coarsley chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, divided
- 1 1⁄4 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (4 oz)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add garlic; saute' 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes and 1/4 cup parsley.
- Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp; cook 5 minutes.
- Pour into a 13X9 baking dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup parsley, lemon juice and pepper.