Recipe by graftonr
I love Greek style roasted meat, and I think lamb is the perfect roasting meat. I combined the two styles and came up with this recipe. It's juicy, flavorful, succulent, and unlike anything I've seen anywhere else. It goes especially good with a savory risotto and a dry red wine.
- 1814.36 g boneless leg of lamb
- 59.14 ml good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 118.29 ml cavender all purpose Greek seasoning
- 6 sprig fresh rosemary
- 236.59 ml crumbled feta cheese, prefereby mixed with garlic and herbs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Open leg of lamb to expose the"boned" side.
- Dry leg with paper towel.
- Brush entire leg with olive oil.
- Rub Cavender's® into entire surface of leg.
- Rub garlic into the exposed surface of the boneless leg.
- Strip rosemary sprigs and spread leaves along exposed surface of boneless leg.
- Layer exposed half with feta cheese.
- Pat cheese into surface of the leg.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Roll leg like a jelly roll and tie with cooking string.
- Sprinkle any remaining Cavender's over the leg.
- Put on a rotisserie and cook until meat reaches 135 degrees, or about 75 minutes. (Or roast at 350 degrees until temp is 135 and let rest 15 minutes.).
- Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Serve with whatever you like. A nice risotto works well, as well as fresh steamed veggies.
- Juices make a wonderful gravy.