Recipe by pickman
Greek Style roasted potatoes are packed with lemon and garlic flavor, this dish goes well with roasted meats.
Top Review by Laurel P.
This is my go to recipe for crispy potatoes, easy to prepare and they disappear just as easily. I combine this recipe with another for Oven Roasted Cod with Crisp Potatoes ( ssh....from another sight ) and the results are delicious!
- 6 medium russet potatoes or 6 large russet potatoes
- salt, preferably coarse sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Scrub the potatoes well, but don’t peel them. Cut them lengthwise into quarters. If potatoes are extremely large, cut each potato into eight wedges. Place the potatoes in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper. Add the garlic to the potatoes. Mix the marinade by combining the water, olive oil, and lemon juice. Pour the marinade over the potatoes. Be sure to cover all of the potatoes.
- Roast the potatoes for about 40 minutes, then remove the pan from the oven. Turn the potato wedges so all sides can brown. Do this by flipping the “white” top side of the potato onto the bottom of the dish. Place the potatoes back in the oven and roast for an additional 20 to 30 minutes. When you remove the potatoes they will be nice and golden brown all over, and will have absorbed the marinade.