Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Greek Style roasted potatoes are packed with lemon and garlic flavor, this dish goes well with roasted meats.
- 6 medium russet potatoes or 6 large russet potatoes
- salt, preferably coarse sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Scrub the potatoes well, but don’t peel them. Cut them lengthwise into quarters. If potatoes are extremely large, cut each potato into eight wedges. Place the potatoes in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper. Add the garlic to the potatoes. Mix the marinade by combining the water, olive oil, and lemon juice. Pour the marinade over the potatoes. Be sure to cover all of the potatoes.
- Roast the potatoes for about 40 minutes, then remove the pan from the oven. Turn the potato wedges so all sides can brown. Do this by flipping the “white” top side of the potato onto the bottom of the dish. Place the potatoes back in the oven and roast for an additional 20 to 30 minutes. When you remove the potatoes they will be nice and golden brown all over, and will have absorbed the marinade.
Some of the best roasted potatoes that I have ever made. The cooking directions were perfect. I did decrease the water, olive oil but left the lemon juice the same. I only used 3 medium russet potatoes. The garlic and lemon flavors were just perfect on roasted potatoes and my guest loved them even though we had stir fry with rice. Some didn't care for rice. Thanks so much. I'll use this one over again and again. Made for Spring PAC 2014