Recipe by dicentra
This is from my Eat Well Stay Well cookbook. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m typing it up for ZWT II. Serves 4.
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato (not oil packed)
- 1⁄3 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Cornish hens, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425. In a small saucepan bring 1 cup of water to boil. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes to blanch.
- Reserving 2 tablespoons of the cooking liquid, drain the tomatoes. Place the reserved cooking liquid in a medium bowl. When cool enough to handle, coarsely chop the sun-dried tomatoes and add them to the bowl.
- Add the mint, olives, raisins, garlic, lemon zest, and salt to the sun-dried tomatoes, stirring to combine. Using your fingers, carefully lift the game hens’ breast skin and as much of the thigh skin as you can without tearing it.
- Place ¼ of the stuffing mixture under the skin of each hen half.
- Place the hens, skin side up, on a rack in a roasting pan, and roast for 25 minutes or until they are cooked through. Remove the skin before eating.