1/1 Photo of Greek-Style Roasted Chicken Legs, Potatoes and Capers
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
If you love Greek food as much as we do then you will love this dish --- you may omit the capers and use your choice of chicken pieces instead of all legs --- omit the chicken and reduce the chicken broth, and you have an outstanding roasted potato dish --- this also works very well using sweet potatoes in place of russets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 lbs chicken legs (can use less)
- 6 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into about 3-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped minced fresh garlic (add the whole bulb if desired the more the better!)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 -4 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup lemon juice (can use bottled, I prefer freshly-squeezed)
- 1 -2 tablespoon dried oregano (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary (or to taste)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Grease a large roasting pan (large enough to hold the chicken).
- 3Rub the chopped garlic into the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Place the chicken into the pan along with the potatoes, onions and capers.
- 5Pour the broth over.
- 6In a small bowl whisk together oil, lemon juice, oregano and rosemary.
- 7Pour evenly over the chicken and potatoes.
- 8Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes (could take more or less time depending on the size of chicken pieces) basting occasionally with juices.
- 9*NOTE* if you find that either one is cooked before the other (either the chicken or potatoes) then remove to a dish and continue to cook.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek-Style Roasted Chicken Legs, Potatoes and Capers
Serving Size: 1 (1054 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1343.4
- Calories from Fat 623
- Total Fat 69.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 282.6 mg
- Sodium 573.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.6 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 74.9 g