Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A yummy lamb recipe. Leftovers will store in the fridge for 3 days
Make and share this Greek Style Roast Lamb recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Place lamb in a large baking dish.
- Use a sharp knife to make 10 x 4cm incisions in lamb.
- Juice 1 lemon half.
- Combine with 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cut remaining lemon into 10 small pieces.
- Push lemon pieces into incisions.
- Brush lamb with oil mixture and roast for 15 minutes.
- In remaining oil, toss potatoes, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Arrange potatoes around lamb.
- Return to oven and roast for 40 minutes.
- Add carrots to roasting pan with lamb and potatoes.
- Roast a further 20 minutes.
- Remove lamb from oven.
- Increase oven temperature to 230C Cook potatoes and carrots a further 15 minutes or until crisp.
- Cover lamb loosely with foil and rest for 15 minutes.
- Carve lamb.
- Serve with potatoes and carrots.
Leftovers - what leftovers?? This is a lovely recipe. I used fresh oregano instead of the dried - I love fresh herbs. I sealed the lamb in the electric frying pan before putting it into the oven, and cut back the cooking time a little - we like our meat rare. Will definitely use this again.