Recipe by Pinay0618
I found this recipe in Low Country Living magazine. It has similar ingredients to my favorite pasta dish, so I'm posting for safekeeping.
- 9 inch deep dish pie shells
- 118.29 ml artichoke heart, diced
- 118.29 ml fresh tomato, diced
- 236.59 ml fresh spinach, chopped
- 59.14 ml kalamata olive, chopped
- 59.14 ml roasted red pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml feta cheese, crumbled
- 29.58 ml fresh oregano, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 354.88 ml half-and-half
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pre-bake the prepared pie shell for.
- 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Reduce oven temperature to 325.
- degrees. Remove the pie shell from the oven and allow to cool at room.
- temperature. When cooled, fill the pie by layering first the artichokes,.
- then tomatoes, spinach, olives, peppers, feta cheese and oregano.
- Meanwhile, beat together the eggs, half and half, and salt and pepper.
- until frothy. Pour the mixture over the layered pie shell. Return to the.
- oven and bake at 325 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until just set. Let cool at room temperature before slicing.