Prep 8 hrs
Cook 5 mins
Plan ahead the pork needs to marinade for a minimum of 8-24 hours, if you are using wooden skewers soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before threading the meat on and grilling. I like to thread on large cherry tomatoes also --- this great served with Kittencal's Parmesan Garlic Bread or Garlic Toast :)
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil (or use vegetable oil)
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs boneless pork (cut into about 1-1/2-inch squares)
- seasoning salt
- In a bowl mix the first 9 ingredients until well blended.
- Add in the pork cubes and place into a large resealable bag; seal and refrigerate for 8-24 hours turning the bag occasionally to coat pork cubes evenly with the marinade.
- Remove the pork cubes from the bag and thread on skewers.
- Season the pork cubes with seasoned salt and black pepper.
- Grill over medium-high heat turning occasionally for about 5 minutes or until the pork is cooked to desired doneness.
This was wonderfully easy and incredibly tasty. I followed the recipe exactly. Remember to soak the wooden skewers before assembling to that they don't burn.
This recipe was my first attempt at making kabobs and this recipe did not disappoint! Very lovely mix of flavors and the pork was very tender. I only marinated mine for about six hours as I was short on time, but they turned out good and I can just imagine how much better they would have been had I been able to marinate them longer. Will definitely make these again and might even try this marinade on some lamb that is hanging out in my freezer. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
AWESOME. I didn't use pork with this marinate I used turkey cutlets because I try to avoid eating pork. My family loved it. I will make this again.