Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Since I do not measure when I make this recipe the amounts listed are about close to the amounts I use when I make this, feel free to adjust the amounts to suit taste, this recipe serves 2-3 people but may be doubled if desired. To make things easier just use the bottled roasted red peppers. This recipe takes little time to prepare, if you are a lover of Greek food, then you will enjoy this one!
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, diced (I use the bottled)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 center-cut pork chops (about 1-inch thick)
- olive oil (for frying)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a large oven-proof skillet.
- In a bowl stir the first 6 ingredients together until well blended.
- In a shallow dish mix the flour with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Dredge the chops evenly with flour mixture.
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a skillet and brown over medium heat on both sides for about 2 minutes per side.
- Leave the chops in the skillet and spoon the red bell pepper mixture over the chops.
- Bake COVERED for about 5 minutes.
- Mix together the feta and kalamata olives in a small bowl.
- After 5 minutes of baking, remove the pan and sprinkle the feta cheese/olive mixture over the chops; return to oven (covered) for another 5-6 minutes more.