Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
This can be a main dish or a tasty appetizer. Recipe is from Land O Lakes.
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12 inch) round prebaked Italian bread or 1 (12 inch) focaccia bread
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh spinach leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained, cut into wedges
- 6 small pepperoncini peppers, halved, sliced
- 6 greek kalamata olives, pitted, halved**
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Combine sour cream, basil and pepper in small bowl.
- Spread evenly over bread shell to within 1/2-inch of edge; top with tomatoes.
- Arrange artichoke hearts, spinach, pepperoncini and olives on pizza; sprinkle with cheese.
- Place pizza on baking sheet. Bake for 14 to 18 minutes or until heated through.
- You could substitute 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley for the spinach.
- You could substitute 6 pitted ripe olives, chopped, for the kalamata olives.
I used a Mama Mia mini pizza crust for the base. I enjoyed the mix of flavors. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT4.
I have to admit to making a few changes to accomodate what I had on hand. I used a prebaked pizza crust and regular tomatoes instead of roma. I added a bit of shredded romano cheese. I also left off the artichoke hearts because I didn't have any, and the pepperoncini peppers because we don't care for them. No matter...this was delicious. Classic Greek flavors and I think next time, I may try using homemade tzatzkiki sauce or some Greek yogurt in place of the sour cream. I also think the use of Italian or focaccia bread is excellent and absolutely plan to use that next time. Thanks for sharing!