1/2 Photos of Greek Style Penne Casserole
This can be made with ground turkey or ground beef instead of the chicken, if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml garlic granules
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes
- 425.24 g tomato sauce
- 226.79 g feta cheese, divided
- 453.59 g penne pasta
- 1 large egg
- 2.46 ml pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1Cut chicken breasts into small cubes; saute until just cooked through.
- 2Sprinkle seasonings over top, stir to distribute evenly and add canned tomatoes and sauce.
- 3Stir to deglaze and bring sauce to simmer while cooking pasta.
- 4Bring large pot of water to boil; stir in penne and cook until al dente, approximately 9-10 minutes.
- 5Drain thoroughly.
- 6Stir egg and 1/2 of feta cheese together; add to pasta.
- 7Layer pasta in casserole dish or 8 x 12 inch baking pan sprayed with cooking oil spray.
- 8Pour sauce over top (sauce will be thin and will settle throughout pasta).
- 9Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 10Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned on top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Style Penne Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.6
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 86.1 mg
- Sodium 779.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 23.6 g