Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This can be made with ground turkey or ground beef instead of the chicken, if desired.
Make and share this Greek Style Penne Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml garlic granules
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes
- 425.24 g tomato sauce
- 226.79 g feta cheese, divided
- 453.59 g penne pasta
- 1 large egg
- 2.46 ml pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Cut chicken breasts into small cubes; saute until just cooked through.
- Sprinkle seasonings over top, stir to distribute evenly and add canned tomatoes and sauce.
- Stir to deglaze and bring sauce to simmer while cooking pasta.
- Bring large pot of water to boil; stir in penne and cook until al dente, approximately 9-10 minutes.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Stir egg and 1/2 of feta cheese together; add to pasta.
- Layer pasta in casserole dish or 8 x 12 inch baking pan sprayed with cooking oil spray.
- Pour sauce over top (sauce will be thin and will settle throughout pasta).
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned on top.
Very good, quick, and easy to put together. The whole family enjoyed it. Generous servings, and with a green salad, a great weeknight meal. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I made this tonight and it was really really good. I didn't have a 15oz can of diced tomatoes so used half of a 28oz can. I was happy I did this because I was able to use the rest of the can after it came out of the oven. It gave it a little more moisture. I also didn't measure out my feta so I think I used more. At any rate I enjoyed this.
Hey! When I was at college, I found this recipe the day it was posted and printed it out- only to have to wait until I was back home to try it. Well, I'm home now so I got to make this wonderful dish! I followed your directions exactly- Oh, so much flavor! I've never used feta cheese before, so that was a cool change! I will be making this again! Thanks!