1/4 Photos of Greek Style Pasta With Shrimp and Feta
1 hr 15 mins
Papa D 1946-2012's Note:
Found this in Creative Everyday Cooking cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 2Cut onion into thin slices and mince garlic cloves.
- 3In a large skillet, warm the olive oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the mixture is golden, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add the tomatoes, oregano, basil and pepper, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat , breaking up the tomatoes with a spoon. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, while you cook the pasta and prepare the shrimp.
- 5Add the pasta to the boiloing water and cook until al dente 10 to 12 minutes, or according to package directions .
- 6Shell and devein the shrimp.
- 7Uncover the sauce and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
- 8Add the olives and half the feta cheese and stir to combine.
- 9Drain the pasta and serve topped with the shrimp and sauce. Garnish each serving with remaining feta cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Style Pasta With Shrimp and Feta
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 590.8
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 176.6 mg
- Sodium 1192.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 32.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes in puree