Prep 8 hrs
Cook 15 mins
You can use any favorite cut of boneless pork for this. This marinade also works wonderful with pork tenderloins. Plan ahead the pork needs to marinade a minimum of 6 hours.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves (you can also use a less amount dry rosemary)
- 3 slices lemon peel (about 3-inches long, you can use orange peel in place of the lemon peel)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 7 tablespoons honey
- 7 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 lbs boneless pork, cut into about 1-1/2-inch cubes
- black pepper
- 24 large bay leaves (might need a couple more or less)
- In a large bowl mix together the rosemary and lemon peels; using a wooden spoon press down on the mixture to release the oils.
- Add in the olive oil, honey, orange juice, lemon juice and garlic, then season with black pepper.
- Add in the pork cubes; stir to coat with the marinade.
- Cover and chill for a minimum of 6 hours.
- Prepare the grill to medium heat.
- Thread the pork onto metal skewers, sliding 1 bay leaf between every two to three cubes.
- Sprinkle the pork with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the marinade to a small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Grill the pork until cooked through, turning the skewers and brushing frequently with the marinade (about 13-15 minutes, it will depend on the size of your pork cubes).
- Arrange the skewers on a platter and serve.