Recipe by littlemafia
I've recently discovered marinated mushrooms.Refrigerating time is not included. Take out from the fridge one hour before eating.
Top Review by Kiwi Kathy
What ever you do, do not halve this recipe!! It seems like a lot of mushrooms, but when it comes to the tasting you'll find that there are not enough. I halved the recipe and now they are all gone!! These little gems are absolutely delicious. We enjoyed them with a light NZ Chardonnay and (store bought) garlic stuffed green olives. Made for Aussie / Kiwi Swap August 2010.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small to medium mushrooms, cleaned, stems trimmed flat
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saute pan, saute the garlic in the oil for2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the mushrooms; bring to a simmer.
- Add the mushrooms; cover and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Put the mixture in a glass bowl or jar.
- Cover and refrigerate1 to 4 days.
- Drain off and discard the marinade before serving.