Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I've recently discovered marinated mushrooms.Refrigerating time is not included. Take out from the fridge one hour before eating.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small to medium mushrooms, cleaned, stems trimmed flat
- In a large saute pan, saute the garlic in the oil for2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the mushrooms; bring to a simmer.
- Add the mushrooms; cover and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Put the mixture in a glass bowl or jar.
- Cover and refrigerate1 to 4 days.
- Drain off and discard the marinade before serving.
What ever you do, do not halve this recipe!! It seems like a lot of mushrooms, but when it comes to the tasting you'll find that there are not enough. I halved the recipe and now they are all gone!! These little gems are absolutely delicious. We enjoyed them with a light NZ Chardonnay and (store bought) garlic stuffed green olives. Made for Aussie / Kiwi Swap August 2010.
Wonderful! The whole coriander seeds were a nice touch and became quite soft during cooking so I left a few that had ended up in the mushroom caps in place and they made a great addition. I used them over a few nights as a side dish along with salad.
Really easy to put together, and quite tasty. I will cut down on the oil next time, though, as I don't think it needed that much. (Just personal taste) Looking forward to trying this again and using my fresh oregano and thyme from the garden.