Recipe by Chris Reynolds
Found on a recipe card in the grocer's.
Top Review by PaulaG
If you are looking for a quick to fix fish dinner this fills the bill. As others have mentioned, I think I would divide the marinade and use half before and half during grilling. This was served with grilled summer squash and a Mediterranean influenced quinoa salad.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs mahi mahi fillets, fresh or thawed, about 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel (zest)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Cut fish into 4 serving size pieces (this is easier if fish is slightly frozen). Place fish in a resealable plastic bag. Stir together lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, mint, garlic, lemon zest, and salt. Pour over fish. Seal bag. Turn to coat fish with marinade. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain fish, reserving marinade. Grill fish over medium heat for 8 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork (145 degrees F), turning once and brushing with marinade halfway through grilling. Discard any remaining marinade.