Different style of mac and cheese
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream (or coffee creamer)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup of crumbled feta cheese (or goat cheese or mozzarella)
- 1Sauce Preparation:.
- 2Place butter into sauce pan and melt on medium heat, whisk in flour (it will be lumpy) next whisk in heavy cream or creamer, mustard, and cheese continually stirring and bring to a rolling boil. Sauce will be thick set aside.
- 3In the meantime boil a 12 ounce box of macaroni according to directions.
- 4Defrost spinach in microwave according to package directions (for fresh prepare accordingly).
- 5In a large sauté pan add cup of olive oil and heat on medium heat. Add olives, peppers, and spinach sauté for about five minutes till all ingredients are tender.
- 6Once all ingredients are tender, pour cooked pasta and vegetable mixture into a well-greased casserole dish. Add sauce and stir combining ingredients.
- 7Top with the cup of Feta cheese and bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Serve with salad.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Style Mac and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1380.7
- Calories from Fat 1269
- Total Fat 141.0 g
- Saturated Fat 61.0 g
- Cholesterol 301.0 mg
- Sodium 1381.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 18.6 g