Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
These burgers go great inside pitas with feta cheese and tomatoes, also with Tzatziki Sauce
Make and share this Greek-Style Lentil Burgers With Tzatziki Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup dried lentils
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, shredded and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- For Burger:.
- Cook lentils according to package directions. Drain.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat, add onion and bell pepper and sauté for 7 minutes. Stir in garlic.
- Blend chickpeas, parsley, olives, eggs,cumin, coriander, salt and pepper in food processor 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Stir chickpea mixture, bread crumbs, onion and bell pepper, and carrots into lentils.
- Shape into 8 patties. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze.
- Preheat grill to high. Brush frozen patties in oil. Cook 6 minutes on each side.
- For Sauce:.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix together.
We really enjoyed these burgers! They had great flavor and consistency. I used a tzatziki left over from a falafel recipe that I enjoyed that was similar in ingredients because I needed to use it up. I will use the one posted with this recipe next time. I will be making these again. They are very good. Thanks for posting!