Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I sometimes add some grated Parmesan cheese also, my family loves this dish! :)
Make and share this Greek-Style Lemony Rice and Orzo Pilaf With Feta recipe from Food.com.
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter or 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 pinch dried thyme or 1 pinch dried oregano
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 1⁄4 cup orzo pasta
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (use fresh lemon juice if possible)
- 1 -2 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional or to taste)
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat; add in onion, garlic and thyme, stir for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the rice and orzo; cook stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add in the broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add in black pepper, reduce the heat to low and simmer covered for about 20-22 minutes or until the liquid has absorbed.
- Transfer to a serving dish then sprinkle the feta on top (if using).