I sometimes add some grated Parmesan cheese also, my family loves this dish! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter or 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 pinch dried thyme or 1 pinch dried oregano
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 1/4 cup orzo pasta
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (use fresh lemon juice if possible)
- 1 -2 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional or to taste)
- 1In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat; add in onion, garlic and thyme, stir for about 3 minutes.
- 2Add in the rice and orzo; cook stirring for 3 minutes.
- 3Add in the broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 4Add in black pepper, reduce the heat to low and simmer covered for about 20-22 minutes or until the liquid has absorbed.
- 5Transfer to a serving dish then sprinkle the feta on top (if using).
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek-Style Lemony Rice and Orzo Pilaf With Feta
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.6
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 22.6 mg
- Sodium 647.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 10.1 g