Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Lemon, fresh oregano, and feta to brighten up potatoes-leave skin on or off. Serve alongside grilled fish, steak, or chicken with a tomato salad. Leftovers would be good, too. TY Just Jan for helping me improve this recipe. :)
- 4 large red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon basil, chopped (optional)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth, boiling
- 2⁄3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Remember to BOIL the chicken broth.
- Spray a 9- by 13-in. baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss potato cubes with lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, lemon zest, salt, and garlic; layer slices in baking dish.
- Pour 1 cup BOILING chicken broth over potatoes and bake, uncovered, until most of the broth has evaporated and potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Top with feta and bake until golden, about 15 minutes more.
I love anything to do with potatoes and feta cheese, so I knew I would love this recipe! Beautiful flavours. I couldn't get hold of lemon basil so had to leave it out. Thank you, WiGal, for sharing this wonderful recipe, this is definitely a keeper for me!
I made a big batch of these and ate them for 2 days. So so good!
The flavours here really come together well, more so than other oven baked potatoes. I think the chicken broth does the trick. Made by a fellow Unruly / ZWT6