Prep 2 mins
Cook 24 hrs
From a community cookbook. It will cover 4-5 lbs of lamb. Nice on leg of lamb. Serve with rice pilaf or orzo.
- 1⁄2 cup red wine, burgundy is good
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons peppercorns, crushed
- 5 garlic cloves, slivered
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons oregano, crushed
- Mix all ingredients and pour over the lamb.
- Marinate 24 hours or at least overnight, covered, in the refrigerator.
- Grill meat.
This is an absolutely delicious marinade. I let is soak for about 30 hours and the flavors went through the entire 5lb. roast. I served it with Tatziki sauce and it tasted exactly like gyros. Thanks for the great recipe.
I have been using this combination of ingredients for years. I normally use at least 3/4 cup of wine but lighten up on the garlic a little.