Recipe by chia
this is quick to throw together and only needs a salad to accompany it.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
This was a really delicious way to prepare lamb chops. All of the different flavors complimented each other so well. I followed the directions as posted other than that I used loin chops instead of rib chops, so I had to cook longer. In addition to the orzo (which I loved), we served with a side of roasted egglplant which complimented the dish well. Thanks, Chia!
- 8 lamb rib chops
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 lb orzo pasta
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- add orzo, cook according to package directions, drain.
- transfer to a platter, toss in feta cheese, set aside.
- meanwhile, in a saute pan heat olive oil.
- season lamb chops w/salt and pepper, saute 5 minutes per side, remove and keep warm.
- add 1/2 c chicken broth to deglaze the pan, scraping up browned bits.
- add garlic, cook for a minute.
- add tomatoes, olives, remaining broth, cook for 2 minutes.
- add mint, oregano, lemon juice and zest, cook for 1 minute.
- season to taste with salt and pepper.
- add lamb chope on top of orzo, pour tomato olive mixture over all. top with crumbled feta.
- garnish with mint and lemon slices, if desired.