Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A different twist to a casserole
- 8 medium french-trimmed lamb cutlets (420g total)
- 100 g green beans, trimmed, halved diagonally
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup pasta sauce (250ml)
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock, made using stock cubes (60ml)
- 2 tablespoons pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 60 reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup white rice (150g)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with olive oil and heat over high heat.
- Cook the lamb cutlets for 30 seconds each side or until lightly browned.
- Transfer to an oven proof dish.
- Arrange the beans around the lamb.
- Return the pan to a low heat and add the garlic.
- Cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, stock, olives, and half the oregano.
- Increase the heat to medium and bring to the boil.
- Carefully pour the sauce over the lamb and beans in the casserole dish.
- Cover the casserole with foil or lid and bake for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile cook the rice following the packet instructions.
- Divide the rice between serving dishes.
- Top with the casserole and sprinkle with the feta and remaining oregano.