Greek-Style Lamb Burgers With Yorgurt-Cucumber Sauce
- In a medium bowl, lightly knead the ground lamb with the minced onion, garlic, mint, parsley and 1 scant teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Shape the meat into 4 long oval patties about 1/2 inch thick and transfer them to a plate lined with plastic wrap. Lightly brush with olive oil.
- Light a grill. When fire is medium hot, brush the grate with olive oil. Grill the lamb burgers for about 12 minutes, turning once, for medium meat.
- Move the burgers away from the heat and grill the pita until lightly toasted on both sides, about 1 minute.
- Set the burgers on the pita breads and top them with the lettuce, tomato, red onion and a spoonful of Yogurt-Cucumber Sauce (see Recipe #243031).
- Fold the pitas over the burgers and serve right away, passing the remaining yogurt sauce alongside.