Recipe by Rochelle79
This wonderful sandwich is so tasty you may need to double the recipe so you can have more! Perfect and easy for gatherings, so little prep time required. I make them all the time and they are a huge hit."
- 6 chicken breasts
- 6 multi-grain round buns (thin buns)
- 16 ounces plain yogurt
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (reduce if you don't like so much salt)
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 red onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the chicken, yogurt, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper in a zip-lock bag, removing the extra air. Cover and marinate the meat for 4 to 24 hours.
- Preheat a grill on medium. Remove the chicken from the marinade and wipe away some of the yogurt. Then place the meat on the grill. Cook 10 - 15 minutes a side, until the chicken is well charred on the outside and fully cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and let rest for at least 5 - 10 minutes. In the meantime, toast the pitas on the grill for 30 seconds. Once the chicken has cooled slightly, slice it very thin with a sharp knife and serve with the warm pitas, tomatoes, onion and hummus. Makes 6 servings.