Prep 3 mins
Cook 9 mins
A favorite in Greece and our home as well. This dish may be served hot or cold.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (diced)
- 3 roma tomatoes (diced and seeded)
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives, sliced (drained)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 (10 ounce) packages French style green beans (thawed & drained)
- salt and pepper
- 5 ounces feta cheese (crumbled)
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil for a minute or so, be careful not to burn.
- Stir in diced tomaotes,olives & oregano; cook over med. heat for 3 minute.
- Add drained green beans, simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Right before serving, crumbled feta cheese on top.
Delicious! I used tiny fresh green beans and kalamata olives. The taste is wonderful....with the olives and feta, no real need to add salt. Very colorful dish, and I wish I'd added even more olives and tomatoes!
I was quite sure I would love this dish looking at the ingredients and it did not disappoint! I omitted olive oil and sprayed the pan with non stick cooking spray and omitted olives and instantly the dish was quite low cal./fat. I loved especially the feta cheese on top of the beans, just such a nice change of pace. I used fresh beans. Thanks for sharing.
Made this as a side this week and it was great. Used fresh cherry tomatoes and green beans from my garden but everything else as listed! Thank you for posting it!! ZWT6