1/5 Photos of Greek Style Green Beans
This recipe was adapted from a recipe posted in the Houston Chronicle. The key is to make the tomato sauce separately and serve on top of the beans. This method keeps the green beans crisp tender, and a bright green color. When the tomatoes and beans are cooked together the acidity turns the beans a dark olive color.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g can diced tomatoes
- 118.29 ml water
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 44.37 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh mint or 4.92 ml dried mint
- 9.85 ml fresh oregano leaves or 2.46 ml dried oregano
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground,to taste
- 680.38 g fresh green beans
- 1Wash, tip and cut up fresh beans.
- 2Place in pan with water to cover beans.
- 3Simmer uncovered until beans are just tender, stirring a few times.
- 4Meanwhile, combine undrained tomatoes with water, onions, parsley, garlic, mint, oregano, salt and pepper in a saucepan.
- 5Cover; bring just to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 6When tomato sauce is thick, drain green beans and top with sauce; serve promptly.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Style Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.8
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 3.3 g