1/4 Photos of Greek-Style Garlic-Lemon Potatoes
Chef Dine's Note:
Perfect with Chicken or Lamb. This recipe is easy and tasty. I'm not a big potato lover but I just can't seem to allow leftovers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 medium potatoes, Yukon Gold, each potato cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, minced
- 1Cut each potato lengthwise into 8 wedges. You should have 32 potato pieces. (like joe joes).
- 2Heat vegetable oil and butter in heavy-bottomed 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until butter melts and foaming subsides, swirling pan occasionally.
- 3Add potatoes in single layer; cook until golden brown (pan should sizzle but not smoke), about 6 minutes.
- 4Using tongs, turn potatoes so second cut sides are down; Combine garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, zest and oregano in a small bowl, pour over potatoes and stir well.
- 5Cook on second side, about 5 minutes longer. Stirring once more, add ground black pepper and reduce heat to medium-low, cover tightly, and cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with tip of paring knife, about 5 minutes.
- 6Sprinkle with parsley, stir gently to distribute; serve immediately. (optional - add 3 oz crumbled feta and 8 Kalamata olives (sliced thin) and add in with the parsley.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek-Style Garlic-Lemon Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.3
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 616.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 4.7 g