Perfect with Chicken or Lamb. This recipe is easy and tasty. I'm not a big potato lover but I just can't seem to allow leftovers!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 medium potatoes, Yukon Gold, each potato cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, minced
- Cut each potato lengthwise into 8 wedges. You should have 32 potato pieces. (like joe joes).
- Heat vegetable oil and butter in heavy-bottomed 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until butter melts and foaming subsides, swirling pan occasionally.
- Add potatoes in single layer; cook until golden brown (pan should sizzle but not smoke), about 6 minutes.
- Using tongs, turn potatoes so second cut sides are down; Combine garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, zest and oregano in a small bowl, pour over potatoes and stir well.
- Cook on second side, about 5 minutes longer. Stirring once more, add ground black pepper and reduce heat to medium-low, cover tightly, and cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with tip of paring knife, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley, stir gently to distribute; serve immediately. (optional - add 3 oz crumbled feta and 8 Kalamata olives (sliced thin) and add in with the parsley.