Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is another great potato salad from my collection... I have even added in a couple of tablespoons of Feta cheese when processing the vinaigrette dressing. This complete recipe may be doubled if desired.. NOTE: If you should decide to add in a bit of garlic, only add in about 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder, as fresh garlic just seems to overpower the salad, but it is just as good without the garlic..... you are going to just love this potato salad, so I DO suggest you double the recipe lol!
Top Review by Bohemiangurl
I love Greek food and this is a perfect alternative to the mayonaised based potato salads. Because I can't leave a recipe alone, I added a tsp of fresh thyme and chopped mint, and sundried tomatoes, omitting the roasted red peppers (just a personl preference :) Thanks for posting!
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olives or 3⁄4 cup black olives
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped roasted red pepper (I use store-bought)
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 samll red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (or more if desired)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh Italian parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook or steam potatoes until done.
- Slice into 1-inch cubes, and place into a large bowl.
- Prepare the dressing: In processor process vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, oregano (can use 2 tablespoons FRESH oregano in place of dried), salt and pepper (can add a bit of garlic POWDER to the dressing if desired).
- When the potatoes are still warm, toss them with the dressing; set aside to cool.
- After the potatoes are cool, mix in the olives, cucumber, red, green bell peppers, salt and black pepper, Feta cheese and fresh parsley; toss well to coat.