Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My new favorite cucumber salad. The addition of garlic and cumin adds a new twist the traditional versions.
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- lemon juice (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, salt, pepper and cumin, whisk until blended.
- Place cucumber, green onion, dill and garlic in a serving bowl.
- Add the sour cream mixture and toss.
- If desired, add lemon juice to taste.
I made this for the Cookathon for Lorac and am so glad I chose this. I served it with Greek Chicken made on the grill and the family liked it very much. Refreshing, delicious, and a winner!
A very nice salad that I enjoyed. This went great with your balsamic roasted yams! Thanks Lorac!
A delicious cucumber salad. I love the combination of flavors. So simple and very good.