Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From AHA's One Dish Meals. Mom and dad liked this one and asked me to post.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachio nuts
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried oregano)
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill weed (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 4 oz. each)
- 8 ounces plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pistachio nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In an 8-inch glass or metal baking dish, mix together the broth, rice, spinach, tomatoes, lemon zest, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons pistachios, oregano, dillweed, cinnamon, and pepper (may season with salt to taste).
- Push the mixture to one side.
- Add the chicken breasts to the baking dish.
- Spoon a small amount of the rice mixture over them.
- Cover with foil; bake in a 375 degree oven for 50-60 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and the rice is tender.
- Stir together the yogurt and 2 teaspoons lemon juice.
- To serve: spoon yogurt mixture over the chicken, rice, and vegetables; sprinkle the remaining pistachios over the top.