1/1 Photo of Greek-Style Chicken Skillet
It's almost a one pot dinner, you'll need a second for the couscous,lol.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 pounds total)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced zucchini (1 medium)
- 3/4 cup chopped green sweet pepper (1 medium)
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cups couscous (hot cooked * )
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
- lemon wedge
- 1Sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper. In a 12-inch skillet cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken registers 170F on an instant-read thermometer, turning once. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- 2Add zucchini, sweet pepper, onion, garlic, and the 1/8 teaspoon black pepper to skillet. Add the water; reduce heat. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring once or twice. Stir in tomato sauce and paste. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes more, stirring once.
- 3To serve, divide couscous among dinner plates. Place chicken on couscous. Spoon vegetable mixture over chicken and couscous. Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve with lemon wedges. Makes 4 servings.
- 4*Note: For 2 1/2 cups cooked couscous, in a 1-quart saucepan bring 1 1/4 cup water and a dash of salt to boiling. Stir in 1 cup quick-cooking couscous. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek-Style Chicken Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 672.3
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 92.2 mg
- Sodium 829.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 44.0 g