Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
It's almost a one pot dinner, you'll need a second for the couscous,lol.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 pounds total)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced zucchini (1 medium)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green sweet pepper (1 medium)
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 1⁄2 cups couscous (hot cooked * )
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
- lemon wedge
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper. In a 12-inch skillet cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken registers 170F on an instant-read thermometer, turning once. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- Add zucchini, sweet pepper, onion, garlic, and the 1/8 teaspoon black pepper to skillet. Add the water; reduce heat. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring once or twice. Stir in tomato sauce and paste. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes more, stirring once.
- To serve, divide couscous among dinner plates. Place chicken on couscous. Spoon vegetable mixture over chicken and couscous. Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve with lemon wedges. Makes 4 servings.
- *Note: For 2 1/2 cups cooked couscous, in a 1-quart saucepan bring 1 1/4 cup water and a dash of salt to boiling. Stir in 1 cup quick-cooking couscous. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
Great easy and flavorful dish! I made the chicken and couscous for 2, but made the entire recipe of veggies and sauce (we love those veggies!). I used lemon pepper instead of salt and pepper on the chicken when I sauteed it. Quick to make, healthy, tasty - can't beat that - thanks for sharing the recipe!