Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this on the web, and it looks really good!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken and artichokes, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Remove chicken mixture and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat and cook garlic for about 30 seconds. Add wine to pan and stir, scraping up brown bits. Stir in Chicken Broth and next 5 ingredients (lemon juice, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon peel, oregano, red pepper flakes).
- Return chicken mixture to skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, until chicken is throughly cooked, about 10 minutes.
Oh boy, this was great! I did not bother to thicken the sauce, it was just perfect with brown rice and green beans. Made for ZWT9 Soup a Stars
This was absolutely delicious! I used boneless skinless chicken thighs, and doubled the recipe, plus thickened the sauce with cornstarch, and we ate it with "Greek Lemon and Dill Rice With Feta (Rice Cooker)". My whole family raved about it - will definitely make again! Made for ZWT 9.
This screamed crock pot for me, so I put it all in with some potatoes (so no need to decrease the liquids), adding the artichokes in the last 20 minutes - and it was superb! I doubled the lemon juice and sun dried tomatoes and eliminated the oil, due to the cooking method. This made it an excellent and easy one pot meal.