Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are very unique waffles, they can be served as a lunch or a dinner with a Greek salad...delicious! Cooking time depends on your waffle maker.
Top Review by chevyramlogan
Made these for Father's Day brunch. Everybody loved them and they were relatively easy to make. My waffle maker makes two at a time so I quadrupled the recipe for 4 people. It was far too much batter, but that is a minor concern. Also, while scaling up the recipe I only used 12 tablespoons of oil instead of 16. I whipped together a quick lemon chilli aioli to serve on top with some fresh spinach leaves. Great recipe and was definitely a crowd pleaser!
- 1 egg, room temperature, and separated
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup cooked spinach, well drained and chopped (squeeze out any excess water with hands)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a waffle maker to hot.
- In a bowl, beat the egg white until stiff; set aside.
- In another bowl, mix togather the dry ingredients; set aside.
- Combine the egg yolk, milk, feta cheese and oil; add to the dry ingredients, mixing just until blended.
- Fold in the beaten egg white JUST until mixed (don't over mix).
- Bake as directed in a waffle maker.