Recipe by Bokenpop aka Madeleine
This side dish goes well with my Greek-style lamb chops recipe and rosemary roast potatoes.
- 500 g butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 25 ml oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 ml ground cinnamon
- 2 ml dried oregano
- 100 ml chopped parsley
- 100 -125 ml chicken stock
- 10 ml honey
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large pan and soften onions.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, cinnamon, oregano, parsley and squash.
- Toss to mix and then add stock (the amount depends on the juiciness of the tomatoes.)
- Add honey and seasoning.
- Cover and simmer until squash is tender, stirring occasionally.