Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this online -- love the combination of flavors! The original recipe said that there were 48 servings in this and I don't think that is the case! 24 could even be pushing it, depending on what you were serving with it :)
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 3⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ripe olives, chopped
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 425°F Grease bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray. In small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup Bisquick mix, the cheese, basil and oregano; set aside.
- In large bowl, stir remaining ingredients until moistened. Spread batter in pan; sprinkle with cheese mixture.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
This turned out very flavorful and the topping was a very pleasent addition. I did think the bread was a little dry, but a cup of coffee cured that. I agree that this would probably make closer to 16 servings. I served it with eggs and bacon for a complete meal. Made for The Hot Pink Panthers, ZWT 9.